Here with another review! I feel like I've tried every mascara under the sun (see here and here) but was intrigued when Sephora offered VIB members the chance to try Josie Maran's new Argan Black Oil mascara ($22). "A mascara that never sleeps: a highly-effective and natural, argan oil treatment mascara that nourishes, lengthens, volumizes, lifts, and curls lashes for 24 hours." Josie Maran is known for their argan oil so I was curious how it would work in mascara form.
The promise: "Treat your lashes to the nourishing lash-softening effect of 100% pure argan oil mixed with blackest-black iron mineral pigments, and infused with the lash strengthening properties of bamboo. Creamy and 91% natural, Argan Black Oil Mascara conditions as it coats, lengthens, volumizes, lifts, and curls, for eyes that sparkle and invite the world in. The unique formula is delivered by an innovative five-ball brush that reaches every lash."
|Being a lash model|
PROS- I like the brush. If layered with a separating mascara it adds volume to lashes.
- I liked the formula. It's very slick and slides on nicely on to your lashes.
- It didn't dry up or clump by the end of the day. My lashes were not tortured like many mascaras tend to do.
- My eyes tend to be sensitive, which is why I always use waterproof mascaras, but this one did not irritate my eyes.
- I always appreciate when a company doesn't test on animals.
CONS- It did smudge towards the end of the day. Otherwise I would have loved it.
- Currently only available in black.
Would you give this mascara a try?