1. What are the tools you use to blog?
- My MacBook Pro laptop (a lovely Christmas present)
- My Panasonic Lumix digital camera (and USB cord to download)
- Photo editing tools: Picnik, iPhoto, Google Doc Drawing (nothing super fancy)
- Blogger.com to edit/publish posts
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Performancing Metrics, Quantcast
- Pinterest is the latest for finding inspiration and great photos to include on my posts
I'm also on Twitter and Google+ but don't consider that a tool FOR blogging but a tool to help promote my blog, does that count?
2. What technology item is on your wish-list?
I'd definitely like to upgrade my camera and get a tripod. Picnik is closing in April so I'll definitely have to find another free photo editing service on the web. Any suggestions?
3. Through the barrage of posts, tweets, pics, poses, messages, etc... how do you avoid becoming a slave to the constant infiltration of information?
I don't think I have (lol!). My job requires me to be on Twitter several times a day and I love to use it personally while watching TV. I definitely recommend unplugging at least once a week. I typically do this on the weekend for a couple hours. I also try to choose the social media outlets that work best for my blog. I'm not on Pose or Chictopia because I'm not a style blogger.
How do you avoid information overload?
Don't forget to stop by ModlyChic to read all the other FBFF answers this week!