April 8, 2012
5 Benefits of Vitamin C For Your Skin
We all hear beauty tips and secrets but one of the best just might be in your vitamins. Did you know that Vitamin C keeps skin healthy and reduces wrinkles? You can help keep your skin healthy and supple making sure you get enough of this super vitamin! Here are 5 benefits:
1. Vitamin C is key to the production of collagen. Vitamin C a.k.a ascorbic acid is a protein that aids in the growth of cells and blood vessels that give skin its firmness and strength.
2. Vitamin C helps your skin repair itself. Your skin has incredible elasticity and Vitamin C can help create scar tissue and ligaments for a quick recovery.
3. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that slows the rate of free-radical damage. For those who don't know, free radicals are not fun. They are unstable molecules that damage your skin causing dryness, fine lines and wrinkles!
4. Vitamin C can reverse DNA damage. New research shows that ascorbic acid 2-phosphate, a derivative of Vitamin C, not only only neutralizes free radicals but reverses the damage.
5. Vitamin C may also reduce sunburn. Research suggests that Vitamin C may reduce sunburn caused by exposure to ultraviolet B radiation and prevent the consequences of long-term sun exposure, which can lead to skin cancer. This doesn't mean Vitamin C is a replacement for your trusty sunblock!
Canadian skincare line, Elizabeth Grant, has created the Vitamin C Hydra Moist Weekender kit which contains All Day Cream, Concentrated Serum, Eye Radiance, Hydrating Cleanser, Body Cream and Body Scrub all for just $59. All the products are conveniently packaged in travel-friendly sizes so you can have them wherever you go. I had the opportunity to try this kit, here are my thoughts:
Eye Radiance: I loved the gold sparkle in this eye serum.
Concentrated Serum: This is great to apply skin right after you step out of the shower before applying your daily lotion to seal in moisture.
All Day Cream: I like my face creams with some SPF to help protect my fair skin.
Hydrating Cleanser: Enjoyed using but would have liked an exfoliator product in the kit to go along with this cleanser.
Body Cream: Nice and silky - used it with the concentrated serum.
Body Scrub: My favorite product in the kit. Left my skin feeling super soft!
Do you use any products that contain Vitamin C for your skin?
Disclosure: Elizabeth Grant sent me these products to try. There was no agreement that I would post about the products. All opinions are my own.