Once again, I find myself feeling the need to write posts to men about things I thought they already knew like things NOT to do on a date and now knowing when to walk away. I find myself running into these situations where guys are trying to chat me up and I have no interest (it's never the ones you want to talk to, am I right ladies?). Some guys really can't take the hint and I would like to save us all a little time and awkwardness. Guys, if a woman does any of the following, please just walk away. No ifs, ands or buts.
1. She doesn't take her headphones out to talk to you. If you're trying to talk to a woman and she doesn't take those little ear buds out of her ear canals, that pretty much is a clear indicator that she doesn not want to talk to you.
2. She's on the phone. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Can't tell you how many guys try to talk to me while I'm on the phone. Clearly I'm not trying to have a conversation with you but rather with whomever is on the other line. Please let me have my conversation.
3. She keeps tapping her fingers (like she's texting) while you talk to her. If she's not holding the phone up to her ear but checking email or texting and doesn't make eye contact. Take it as a "Do Not Disturb" sign.
4. She does not smile. This is one of the top things I do on the subway when I don't want to be disturbed. If a girl looks annoyed that you're talking to her, that probably means you are annoying her. She is either trying to read her book, listen to her iPod or have a subway ride without being bothered. Be courteous and admire us quietly.
5. She says she has a boyfriend. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. Yet for some reason guys don't seem to get that the girl is trying to say "go away" with this line. Guys: we are trying to say go away.
6. She says she's not interested. HELLO! Could we be any more clear? No this doesn't mean keep trying to talk to us.
7. Your name isn't Chuck Bass. End of conversation.
If a woman portrays any of these signs, PLEASE take the hint and leave her be. I'm not sure what more we can do to let you know we're not interested. You can't win them all, sorry fellahs.