This week's FBFF topic is blogging community. IFB had a recent post that discussed the lack of community and I couldn't agree more!
1. What blogging communities do you belong to?
FBFF, SingleEdition, IFB, etc. Most of the ones featured on the right sidebar!
2. What do you think the roll of community is in blogging?
To provide a resourceful and nurturing environment.
3. Blog comments, Twitter interactions and meaningful Facebook threads have decreased in the last several months. What are your thoughts on why that is?
I had this discussion with some friends a couple of months ago. I was growing frustrated that I make a point to comment on blogs and feel that I wasn't getting anyone returning them. I know I'm getting readers from my pageviews but I also want to know who you are and what you thought of the post! Tweet me or get in touch another way if comments are too difficult to do.
I also feel like that we all work individually from isolated environments on our computer. We have to remember to go out and meet each other!
4. How do you cultivate community around your blog?
I make a point to respond to all of my comments. If someone asks a question, I try to answer them. I'll tweet them or email them if it requires more in depth response. Hopefully my readers appreciate my efforts!
5. If you could make one resolution to be a better community member what would it be?
Perhaps guest blog more often. I had some wonderful bloggers guest blog for me while I traveled during Easter. Would love to return the favor and help out some other bloggers. Hit me up!
What are your thoughts on the state of the blogging community?
Don't forget to stop by Modly Chic to read all the other FBFF answers this week!