1. Don't have music playing. One of the biggest no-no's of blogging etiquette is forcing us to listen to whatever song you're currently loving. Please don't. Leave it off with the option to turn it on rather than vice versa. If there's music playing, then I tend to leave pretty quickly.
2. Remove captcha. Please please please! This is one of the most infuriating parts of commenting. Why make it difficult?! You can easily delete spammer comments or at least set it to "owner approval" if you are that afraid of malicious comments being posted.
3. Don't make me scroll back up. I read your posts from top to bottom so your comments should be at the bottom after I'm done reading. Rather than making me scroll back up to find it near the title of the post. It would make my life easier.
4. No self promotion. Don't say "I followed you, now follow me." I follow blogs I genuinely enjoy and want to subscribe to. Not because the person told me to.
5. Make sure I can read your blog. Yes, having a purple font can be pretty but it's not very easy on the eyes. Avoid colored text. Make sure your font color and your background are easily distinguishable from each other.
6. Break up the text. Include picture(s) with your posts. Some of the link-ups I participate in feature 100+ submissions. I try my best to read most of the submissions. However, if your post is an ongoing series of words with no breaks. It's going to be hard for my eyes to sit through and read it all. Pictures give my eyes a break when reading through and they also add to your content. Or you could do bullet points or numbered lists.
7. Have something worth reading. Sometimes I go to a blog and honestly can't find anything to comment on. I've seen where bloggers post a quote and say "Happy Monday" to which I have no idea how to respond. Or sometimes I can't relate to the content so don't want to leave a fake comment like "so awesome!" It feels disingenuous to me. If you notice no one is commenting on then it may be what you're posting.
8. Comment on my blog. It's really a dying luxury in the blogging world. Commenting on my blog let's me know you visited and shows effort on your behalf. Some bloggers disagree with me on this. I'm okay if you let me know you read my blog by tweeting me. However, there have been blogs that I would comment on a frequent basis and would never say a word back to me. It was a major put off. It's also easy for me to just click over from your comment and go visit your blog to leave one in return. Pay it forward people.
Hopefully I make it easy for you all to comment on my blog. If I don't and there's something you'd like to see changed please don't hesitate to share!