January 1, 2013
My Near Year's Resolutions for 2013
It's that time of year again! When it comes to New Year's resolutions, I don't like to do anything cliche or anything that seems out of reach. I was able to keep most of my resolutions last year because I kept them small. This year I'm focusing on enriching my life. I'm nearing 30 and I think it's time to move away from the broke college kid days and move towards a more mature, enriched life. Here are my resolutions for 2013:
- Cut back on fast fashions. I like to clean out my closet to find items to donate to Goodwill; however, I find that I'm giving away so many clothes that I wonder how I even have so many to give away. I need to cut back on the impulses and temptations and focus on a more mature wardrobe where I don't need to clean it out every few months.
- Try to be less stressed. 2012 was a stressful year but I unfortunately let it get to me. I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders and it's very hard to brush that off all by yourself. 2013 will hopefully be less stressful but I also plan to take steps to keep my stress in check. Unwind before bed, don't take on more than I can handle, eliminate drama, and focus on my needs.
- Appreciate the city more. I live in Manhattan, the greatest city in the world and I've yet to fully explore all of it. I was really sad how little I appreciated this fine city I lived in because I was letting other things distract me. In 2013, I don't want to make anymore excuses. I want to see the sites, visit all the museums, and take in more of what the city has to offer. Even if none of my friends want to join me, just go myself! I always knew I was meant to live in New York and need to to soak it in more even if I don't have a significant other to share it with right now.
- Cook more vegan recipes. I've attempted some vegan recipes and they were actually all tasty. The one thing that's holding me back from fully becoming vegan is my love of milk chocolate. I wanted to challenge myself last year to bake some vegan chocolate recipes to show myself I can cut out milk chocolate. I didn't get to it so I'm re-adding it to the list this year.
- Travel. Something I sadly haven't been able to do in quite some time. The last time I traveled was 4 years ago on a school trip to China. Traveling is so good for the soul. You get exposed to other cultures and lifestyles. It's something that everyone should incorporate as often as they can. One of my personal goals was to travel to Paris before 30. That's just 2 1/2 years away now so I really need to make it happen!