Halloween is on Thursday so it's time to get into the mood! Halloween is my favorite holiday but I don't like being scared (NO CLOWNS!). So when it comes to my movie list for Halloween I prefer a light-hearted array rather than movies like It or Candyman (which has scarred me for life). Here's my must-watch list:
1. Hocus Pocus. This is my idea of the perfect Halloween movie... nothing scary. I never get sick of watching it. I mean... Bette Middler... come on!
2. The Craft. The '90s are back! One the most influential movies on fashion recently would be The Craft. Needless to say when I first saw the movie I never would have thought 20 years later I'd be wanting to wear the looks of these ladies. But is there anything more angst than witches at a prep school? I think not.
3. Johnny Depp marathon. I know that's not technically a movie but he has so many great ones! Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd just to name a few. The man really owns the category.
4. Corpse Bride. aka anything Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. I really liked this movie and thought it was heartfelt. I also love Nightmare Before Christmas but wasn't sure if I should count that as a Christmas or Halloween movie. Speaking of Tim Burton...
5. Beetlejuice. Saved the best for last! Probably my favorite movie Halloween and one of my favorite movies of all time. Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! I even love his fashion sense.