February 16, 2014
Backstage Beauty: Monique Lhuillier
To complement Monique Lhuillier’s graphic architectural, old world French Parisian couture and dark romantic influences, Master Stylist Bob Recine for Moroccanoil created soft, vertical rolled chignons that were sophisticated yet casual. His innovative take on the chignon created “a loose, gamine-like contrast to the elegant, well-done clothes” and each was designed “to follow the natural geometry of each model’s jawline” for a hairdo of confidence.
· Start by mixing Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse with water in palms and work through damp hair.
· Before drying, spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray all over hair for added texture.
· To free the hair, rough dry it from above in every direction [as if you were sitting in a convertible with wind coming from every side].
· Then part hair down the center from crown to nape and pull back to create two ponytails.
· Loosely twist and roll each one upward, tucking in the ends and securing each roll with a bobby pin.
· Let loose strands and wisps fall
· Finish with another spray of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray, this time closer to the hair than usual for a shiny, textural effect.